Sunday, October 12, 2008

12 on 12 for October 2008

9:29 AM - Going south on I-25, between Albuquerque and Socorro, New MexicoWe got up this morning in time to drive 80 miles, to Socorro, where Dan had been invited to preach. He occasionally "pinch hits" for the regular preacher, there. This is some of the scenery, zipping by as we were traveling.


11:58 AM - In Socorro, outside the church buildingAs we were driving away from the church, I took this picture. The congregation is very small, but they have a nice little building.


12:09 AM - Burger King restaurant,SocorroOur goal was to make it back to Albuquerque, in time to attend the 2:00 PM service at our home congregation. So we had to eat a very quick lunch. There was a Burger King in Socorro, so that's where we stopped.



1:12 PM - Going north on I-25, between Socorro and Albuquerque, New MexicoI snapped this self-(partial)-portrait while we were driving. You can see the road ahead, some of the scenery, and my arm-with-camera, reflected in my sun glasses.



1:41 PM - Near intersection of Paseo del Norte and Eubank, in AlbuquerqueWe are adding on to our church building. We drove around to the backside so we could see the progress.



2:58 PM - In churchWhen the service was over, I snapped a picture of this old favorite hymn - Amazing Grace.



3:12 PM - Going west on Paseo del Norte, AlbuquerqueAs we were heading home (with a planned side-trip to the grocery store), this car passed us. We both laughed. I don't think that's really what a sunroof is meant to be used for.



3:29 PM - Northwest AlbuquerqueGas prices are really dropping around here.



3:32 PM - Smith's Grocery Store, Northwest AlbuquerqueWe stopped here to do some shopping for the upcoming week. I like their produce section.



3:57 PM - On a corner near our houseThis bicycle has been chained to this street sign since Friday, Oct. 3. We figure that it was stolen, and then left there. But apparently the person who lost it doesn't know where to find it. I'm surprised that it continues to stand there without any sign of vandalism.


6:36 PM - Our family roomI was only half-watching this program on PBS about migrating birds, but all of a sudden I saw this picture and, although they never said where it was filmed, I recognized it as the Mendenhall Glacier in my old home-town of Juneau, Alaska! How cool!


6:55 PM - Our kitchenI was putting away some of the groceries that we bought earlier. This little extravagance gave me sticker-shock. I really wanted to use a whole vanilla bean in a recipe I'm making this week, but when I saw the price of $10.99 for ONE bean, I knew that I'd be cutting it in half and supplementing with vanilla extract. That's worse than the price of gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment